Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Vicenza - Week 11

Well we had a really fun and blessed week here in ol' Vicenza. We started off with lots of lessons with potential investigator and got to hear some really good stories about people's lives. Got to learn how to make Pasta from scratch by one of our investigators named Robson. He is a Brazilian who can speak Italian and English. Truth is he learned how to speak English through online gaming. He never actually took an English class. Anyway, the pasta making process is pretty interesting. I won’t say how to make it because I would rather show people when I get back because I’d say it’s a pretty cool little talent to use. We also got to go bowling with a single soldier and the senior couples. We went to the military base to do that, and it was quite a blast. It is always nice to have that relaxation time with the other missionaries. We then had a really good Sunday.  I gave a little talk in the American Ward (I had no idea I was giving the talk until he asked me to in front of everyone at church that day) and talked about finding the connection with people through their story. Getting to know someone is the only way you can truly know how to help them. The gospel of Jesus Christ helps us make a connection with them because when you take the time to get to know them, there is always a principle of the gospel you can tie into their story.
We were fed a lot this week by members. We have been really blessed by them lately. It is so reassuring and uplifting to know that the members care. When I first got to Vicenza they didn’t have a big relationship with the missionaries, but now I can say each one of the members really want to help us. We have a lot of good appointments set up this week, and we keep finding more people to talk to.
There was also a chocolate festival held in centro this week. It was the most crowded I have ever seen the city. There were a lot of carved dark chocolate items, and a lot of good chocolate. We certainly had a lot of fun in the city this week because of that. So many different types of chocolate, and a lot of happy missionaries because of it.

The scripture I have been focusing on this week is D&C 90:24. "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another."           
The main part I like about the scripture is the “be believing” because it takes a lot of humility and courage to believe in something. When you have the desire to believe, you will put in the diligent work and effort to help your belief. I believe that just enhances everything else in your life, through true belief. I have witnessed so many miracles in my mission and as I continue to believe I can make a difference out here, and put in the effort on my part, I know I will help change people's lives for the better.
Have a great week everyone!

Anziano Chase






No comments:

Post a Comment