Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Arrivederci Pesaro - Week 47

Hey everyone,

This week we moved our PDay up one day due to a lot of missionaries going home this transfer. This is my last day here in Pesaro. I will be moving to a city called Busto Arsizio, a small city just a couple kilometers north west of Milan, so I will be visiting Milan a lot. I will be with Anziano Mattezazadeh, who has been in the mission for just 3 months. I am very sad to be leaving Pesaro, but I knew it would come eventually. Saying goodbyes and having PDay one day early made this week feel way too short. 

For Fourth of July we had such a great experience with our English class. They all invited us to have an American afternoon with them. They picked us up at noon. (We wore red ties and jeans. Only because we wanted red white and blue for lunch😅😅) we went to lunch at an "American" inspired restaurant called Old Wild West. They brought us American flags, and before we entered, together we sang the star spangled banner. None of them knew the tune so it was funny to see them singing it. We all ate big burgers, and one of the people made us an American flag style cake. This activity was by far one of the coolest things I've ever been involved in, and made it so much harder for me to say goodbye to my English class friends.

Most of this week I have also been walking around in sandals, due to having an ingrown toenail problem. Let me just say, they aren't the most fun things around, and I look like a dweeb with them and church clothes, but oh well.

Darlington is closing in on being baptized and I know that he will baptized after I leave. I was glad I was able to help him realize his desire to follow God, and I knew I was here to help him on that path. Also we had two great experiences in church that made leaving Pesaro even harder... So during the Sunday school session of church, we got asked by two people to teach them some lessons. So my companion and I did a split with some members to teach them. I taught a lady the plan of salvation, and she became overjoyed thinking about the celestial kingdom and wants to do anything to go there: be baptized, follow God, just so she can live with her family forever. It was so amazing to hear her have this huge desire, more than any one else I've taught before. To top it off, the other investigator that my companion taught, came up during our testimony meeting, to tell everyone about the spirit he was feeling, and how he knows he found the place where he belongs, the home he has been searching for. This really was hard for me to see as I was leaving, but I know that they are in good hands in a great city, I am really excited for them as they will be taught by great missionaries.

I have been thinking a lot about change lately, mostly because it is something we really don't control. I don't control where I go, who I serve with. We don't control the weather, when we die (well we shouldn't try to make ourselves die when we want) we don't control Gods decisions. But with all this change, we are still able to control our actions. If I get a new companion, I still control how I am with him, if I am in a new city, I still control what I will do in the city. I don't controls the results, but I have a lot of control of what I work to do. We can't control Gods commandments, but we can control our actions to them. We have so much agency. God wants us to act, to make decisions. It is only so we can grow.

I'm sad to be leaving Pesaro, but I am excited to learn more in my next city. I love it out here, and know the gospel is the ultimate source for growth. Have a great week everyone!


Anziano Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment