Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Grazie a dio - Week 62

Winter season has begun here, and the dark rainy nights are settling in. Dark and rainy by 5 and still have 4 hours to do work before we enter the house for the night.... It’s not my favorite time for missionary work but we still try to be as happy as can be.

So this week was pretty long and eventful. We had the opportunity to have Sister Burton, general relief society president, Sister Oscarson, general young women's president, and President Johnson, second counselor for the Europe area presidency in Milan for a little conference. This conference was really focused on the sisters, which for the few elders who were close enough to attend, made it not as fun. They gave some good points about how we mold ourselves throughout our mission, but most of the attention was focused on the sisters so I won't talk about much else.

T.G. is doing great. We had his interview for baptism and he passed with flying colors. His testimony has been so strong, and we can't wait for his baptism in a few weeks. He keeps being such a good example to his family and friends, and really has embraced Christ in his life.

P.r is doing good. He has been busy with school but keeps trying to find time to see us. His desire to be a pro soccer player mixed with school makes him a busy person. But hey, I was always busy in my high school days as well, so any time I can see him is great.

We had stake conference this weekend so it was a very busy weekend with lots of talks to be heard. The theme was how members in ward council could work with the missionaries better. Communication, I felt was the main point addressed. When everyone knows what is going on, and not just a select few, we are all able to have a combined effort in our choices of action. When we all make sure that we involve one another it makes ideas flourish. More opinions noted usually leads to better group decisions, and a greater unity to the work. But it didn't just leave that invite to the members, but to everyone, and it made me want to make sure I let everyone be a part of my missionary work. I'm here to help the members of this area, and when I leave, there needs to be a support system for my investigators, and that is through the members. So I need to make sure they know what I'm always doing.

Monday was Anziano C.'s birthday and we had a nice day. We made some nice Guatemalan food to celebrate his culture, and had a meal with one of our members.

Anziano C.'s birthday lunch

I've been thinking a lot lately about the connection of blessings through obedience. I thought a lot about how we get blessings from God and we think he is just showing us mercy or felt like giving us something because he loves us. Yes, he does love us, but that does not mean he will just give us everything. In order for us to be blessed, we have to follow something he asks of us to do. I have spent a lot of the time this week observing the blessings I have received and then pondering what I might have done to receive them. I don't know which specific blessing followed which specific commandment I followed, but I knew it came from my obedience.

I know this gospel is true, I know God blesses each and every one of us according to our obedience. I know everything is done for our benefit and that we should all trust him in our path to the celestial kingdom. Have a great week everyone

Anziano Chase

Perché egli vive


Anziano Chase made french toast with buttermilk syrup for the district



Chinese Buffet

Duomo Milano


"Fort Night"

No comments:

Post a Comment