Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Giorno di ringraziamento - Week 66

Well hello everyone i hope you all had a great week. This week went by pretty quick to be honest.

We spent the whole weekend doing Conosci I Mormoni flyers and I think it went really well. We got together with our district one night, and made signs that we put on the tallest Anziano, and then walked around centro with a force of 8 missionaries giving out flyers and talking about who we are. It really went well. We all had the same desire to just give the night our all, and by the end of the night we were completely out of flyers and had talked with thousands of people.

In church the next day we were also surprised to see many new people in church we had never met before. It was really rewarding for us to know that when we work hard we receive more opportunities to help people. We were able to teach them the restoration together and are making plans to visit them this weekend.

Yesterday we had a zone conference in Lampugnano with President Dibb and we focused on understanding gospel principles and how we need to be the best gospel teachers in the history of the church. We focused on what it means to be a seer, and then talked about Isaiah and how much he prophesied of Christ and his actions, hundreds of years before Christ even came to the earth. Sometimes Isaiah can be difficult to understand, but as we were reading the Book of Mormon together as a mission we learned some things. We are focusing on any teaching that mentions Christ, and when nephi expounds on Isaiah we learned all about how Isaiah's words really mimic what Christ did on the earth. It helped us to understand Isaiah more, and now when I read directly from Isaiah I feel like I more fully understand what he is teaching us. We also focused on how we can help people focus on the purpose of christs birth especially during this holiday season. I thought it was a great zone conference.

As far as other investigators go, we had to take a step back with C., until he can follow the little commitments that are holding him back. P. is doing well, we are still trying to figure out to pull out our 16 year old mind that wasn't focused on the gospel (I never thought that would be difficult, but it really is...) to be able to find the way to better approach his desire to grow in the church. T.G. is doing great, he is just doing everything he needs to do, and he is acting as a normal member now.

As Thanksgiving is tomorrow (unfortunately this year I won't be having a big turkey dinner 😐) I really have been focusing on the blessings that we neglect or fail to be thankful for. The lord gives us so much, He gives us everything, and sometimes we never think of it that way. So I tried this week to be more grateful for the little things and decided to write down everything that was a blessing to me during the week. Im not even finished with the week, and my list is already longer than I ever considered possible. We really have a loving Heavenly Father who blesses us. Yes, we receive more blessings when we obey, but when we don't get the specific blessing we desired, we need to look at the many blessings he gave us instead of that. If I'm not rewarded with a person who is ready to be baptized after a hard day of work, I can't think that the lord isn't blessing me. He blessed me with other little things such as patience during an encounter with a person, or making it on a bus even when we were late to the stop. We have so much to be thankful for, and I invite everyone to get their hand turkeys out or a paper and write the little blessings you are grateful for!

I know this church is true, I am grateful for constant guidance from a living prophet, and for limitless love from our father in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment