Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Transfers - Week 68

Hey everyone, so today I have been train riding so please excuse me if my writing is a little off, it's been a long day. Soooo, I am now in a new city, the city of Gorizia. I haven't seen it in daylight yet, but I've heard it's a nice city. We received a call yesterday from the assistants saying our transfers would be a day early, so it really hit us by surprise. Unfortunately this meant that I would not have as much time to say goodbye to members. It was really sad for me, but I tried to see as many people as I could before I left. (Every missionary was affected by this and members weren't too happy but we do what we have to do) my new companion is Anziano B. He is in his 4th transfer and looks like a real good guy. I have a lot of hopes for this upcoming transfer.

Goodbyes


Sorry that I have don't have soo many exciting details on the week, but I'll try to give some recap on the thoughts I've been having this week. First off is on a quote that I saw. The quote was "winners win, because winners work". I thought long and hard about this. As a missionary I know the best way for me to get the most out of my mission, is to put the most INTO my mission. When we try and decided what makes us a winner, it is easy to get caught up in the competition, and in the end not everyone can win a race. But in God's game, we all can come out winners, if we work to come closer to Christ. When we plant a seed, we work to nurture it so that it will grow. Faith only grows when we work on our testimony and knowledge of the gospel.

The second thing I was thinking about was how I can focus on Christ this Christmas season. Gorizia is a small city with a small branch. I do not know anyone, nor does anyone know me, and Christmas is almost upon us. I could sit around feeling lonely, but I thought about what Christ himself would do, and that is go about doing good to everyone and spreading the love of the gospel. It doesn't matter who we are with or where we are. All that matters is why we celebrate the season. I really hope that I can resemble Christ and help people to remember the significance of Christmas, that a savior is born.

I have a testimony of this gospel, I know that is the truth upon the earth, and that we can all receive a witness of it by faith and revelation. I love this gospel and its teachings! Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment