Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Il finale: Firenze - Week 93

So I'm am starting the last transfer of my mission, and with that, the mission office decided to send me to another city for the last six weeks. For some reason or another, they chose to send me to Firenze, just a little tourist city that some people like to visit when they come visit this country. I'm only just a little excited to be in this city...... The only sad part about leaving Gorizia is saying goodbye to all the people I've been with since the beginning of December.

This week was quite busy saying goodbyes but we were able to see some people. E. is doing great. We met with her, and we had a great conversation about having the desire to believe in a concept we don't necessarily understand.

We were able to go see the C. family again, and we picked strawberries for a good deal of time. Eating strawberries right off the plant/vine/I don't know the correct term, is just sooooo delicious! Well, we were able to teach them one final lesson, and it was on the atonement of Jesus Christ and on miracles. There are miracles, big and small, everywhere. We are the ones who define the miracles. It was a very spiritual lesson.

P. is doing well, I'm gonna miss him. We finished by talking about how we accept God's will even when we don't see any logical sense in the decisions made by him. His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither his ways our ways. When we accept God's will, we accept that it will be for our good.

So, I am really excited to finish hard, and give it my all, so my mind has been focused on diligence. When we set goals, it gives us motivation to work for something. As a missionary, I can set goals to work hard for two years, but sometimes at the end, it gets hard to run to the finish. So these last couple days I have been changing my goals to be for the time that I am in Firenze, and what I want to accomplish. When we set big goals, such as working for two years, we also can set smaller goals for smaller periods of times, and that has been a big help to me especially in these last 5 months or so.

I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me these last little while, and I am excited to see where this journey takes me. I know his gospel is true, and that there is someone waiting to hear it from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment