Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Vicenza - Week 19

Buon Giorno Tutti

Questa Settima era buon. Lo ho recevuto una nuova collega se chiama Anziano L. Elder L. is from Idaho Falls. He has been on his mission for about a year and a half. He loves football, and aspires to be a college football coach. So needless to say, we are off to a good start. To be honest, I didn't want a new companion after Elder S., but I think we will be ok.  Sports and this Christmas season will unite us. I gave him a pretty good introduction to Vicenza. I picked him up at Milan (He is coming from Genova) and we went bowling with the senior couple for introductions to the area and the people.

We then had ourselves an American Ward activity for Christmas and we had a lot of good converstations with people.

Anziano Chase and L.

President Dibb and his wife ended up coming to our ward for church on Sunday. It was strange having him there, but you can always count on him to lay down the law for the ward in regards to missionary work and how they should always have someone for us to teach. Who knows if it will make them change, but it sure is something we can hope for.

There is this family that the other Elders have been teaching - Gina, Jesus, and their two children Julian and Eric. They are a military family, and are just some of the nicest people around. In the month that they have been taught, I have been on exchanges teaching their family for almost 75% of their lessons. I never really thought about it that much. On a night when I was their with one of the other elders, we committed them to baptism! We were so excited. But it gets better.  Anziano L. and I were out teaching a less active, and I get a call from Eric. He asked me to be the one to baptize him! It is pretty freaking awesome! I never thought that I would have made so much of an impact on a family that wasn’t in my investigator list. One of the elders that actually has them as investigators and myself, get to baptize them. It just made me so grateful to know that wherever I am, I can still make a difference in someone's life. They are getting baptized the 27th of this month, and I am just soooo excited for them.

Hope everything goes well, and remember to share the true spirit of Christ with all those that you can. One less active named Hiranth told us that he was just so grateful that we would think to tell him that Christ loves and knows him, just like our Heavenly Father. If we just take a minute and tell someone they are loved by their Heavenly Father and Savior, we have no idea what type of impact we can make in their lives.

I know the gospel is true with all my heart. I know that Christ is the one and only reason why we should be celebrating this Christmas season. I know that this gospel has been restored and that it is verified in the teachings of the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for the trials I have in my life, and for the strength to overcome them!

Ciao Raggazzi!!!

Anziano Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment