Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Vicenza - Week 17

Hey everyone!

Hope all of you all had a great Thanksgiving. There is no such thing as Thanksgiving here in Italy, but once again I have the military base here in Vicenza to be grateful for. There is a Samoan member named Ringo who really loves missionaries. He is the one who always takes us to all-you-can-eat places. He picked us up Thanksgiving morning and brought us to his house. There, he had an uncooked big turkey, a ham, and limitless food items that you would have at a Thanksgiving. Then he told us we had to cook our Thanksgiving meal.  We got to work right away and created a masterpiece. It turned out really awesome! I know for sure no other missionaries in Italy had it made like we did, and I am continuously grateful. We had a great day with him and then he sent us home with all the food for leftovers, so needless to say, I have been stuffed lately.

We have had a pretty good week with lessons and so forth, but things have slowed down a little bit now due to a dry spot in new investigators. We don’t let that get to us, though. We keep going with the people we know and try to make a difference in their lives. We were walking through town with Robson, our Brazilian friend and investigator, and he told us something that really touched me. He said, "when I am with you guys I know I can walk anywhere, and have the power of God to protect me." It gave me a real confidence boost that I know no matter who I talk to, or where I go, I am in the Lord's hands and he will protect me from anything that tries to take me away from my mission here in Italy!

We get transfer calls this Saturday, and I am really nervous that they will be taking Anziano S. out of the city, because we have been together for 3 months now, but I know whatever happens, will be for the better of the mission.

A little spiritual thought I would like to share is from the book The Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W Kimball. "All of us are sinners... the only tragedy in life is sin... no one is perfect, but the Lord has given us a sure cure- Repentance" These are all broken up parts of the book, but it's message is clear. Anything we do wrong has a way back. If we seek that forgiveness we can achieve it through repentance. We are not chained down from heaven because if we sin, we can still be freed from our chains through repentance.

I hope everyone has a great week. Vi Volgio Bene!!

Anziano Chase

I got the Christmas package. Thanks for all the food and gifts and the tree. It's hanging up all set up. I was not patient and accidentally ripped one of the presents, so I just opened them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment