Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pesaro - Week 34

Hey everyone,

This was a really nice week. The sun was shining, it even got up to 21 degrees Celsius this week. The warm season is actually on its way. So first off, a really interesting thing happened to us. We were doing some parco in the evening and we hear a lot of croaks. In this park there are thousands of frogs and toads. So we spotted two and decided they were going to be our pets for the week. We caught them and named them Wallace and Bernard. They were little green tree frogs and it was so awesome. The only thing was one of them got out of our man-made home at like 3 in the morning and got into our bedroom waking us up and creeping us out (We had no idea what was in the room until we saw the frog and heard the croak) We don’t know how it got out and 3 rooms down, but it was interesting.

I had to give a talk in Church on Sunday and usually they are easy topics that I can pull out of my studies and notes, but with my luck I got a topic that was not easy for a 19 year old missionary. I had to talk about how parents need to be a strong example to their kids. I’m not a father yet, so I had to go off what my parents taught me, and it sure made me realize how much parents actually influence their kids. I looked at the things my parents had done, how I mirror their decisions, and never even realized it. It is important to be a good example because you never realize how much your actions influence others. It all starts with who you are.

We taught a really good lesson to our investigator Zoila (Soya I actually don’t know how to spell it yet). Her boyfriend, Carmine, is a member and so is her son, so she came to us asking for us to teach her what our church is about, who Joseph Smith is, and why we are so happy. She was really open with us and it was such a great experience. She is surrounded by great examples already in her life and WANTS to feel closer to God. 

President Dibb threw us a curveball this week. One of the new elders in Rimini went home for medical reasons, so he sent one of the elders from the other coppia in Pesaro to Rimini and once again I am in a trio. To be honest, I did not like hearing it because of the flow and enjoyment Elder C. and I have, but it is for 3 weeks and then we will have another transfer just us again. We will hopefully still have a good time and get lots of work done in three.

For Pday today we went to another country. I know crazy right?! We went to San Marino and it was a blast. It is a very small country, no exaggeration, but it is a nice little area with lots of cool things they sell such as knives, guns, cologne and other things. It is on a hill and has a nice view of the Adriatic Sea. The whole zone went and it was just a blast.

The view of the Adriatic Sea from San Marino

Just a little thought on courage. It takes a whole lot of courage to stand up for yourself, your beliefs, and the things you hold dear. It takes even more courage to say something. I was reading in the scriptures, and it constantly says "Open your mouth and they shall be filled" The biggest step is to open your mouth. That shows our willingness to act. The Lord will do the rest. It can be related to anything. If we ask to get big muscles, we have to hit the gym and do our part. He will do the rest. He has the power to do anything, but he wants us to grow from our own experiences too.

Hope everyone has a great week and a great Pasqua. Also hope everyone enjoys General Conference!!!

Anziano Chase
 Making pizookies


Lo stesso on pier watch tower


No comments:

Post a Comment