Wednesday, March 25, 2015

L'Espiazione - Week 33

Hey everyone how's it going? This week went by pretty fast and there are a lot of good things that happened I am really excited for the work going down here. So this week I went on an exchange in Rimini with my district leader. We had a full day of finding work. I was first upset because usually on exchanges we try to set up appointments so we can teach with different people and learn from them but when we got to work I had some really nice discussions with some people and learned some things from my district leader that could only be learned from finding work.

We met with Kim and Thania again this week and things seem to be going really with the. We still have a lot of work to do with them but I have faith that they will continue to grow in their faith. Maurizio has been struggling with his tobacco and coffee but still shows the desire to quit. I was also able to make American treats for English class and it was a small piece of joy that I was able to share from my culture as an American.

This week I have been studying about sin and the atonement oh Christ. God is a just God and in order for God to be just there must be a law on the earth. That is where agency is involved. We have the agency to choose between right and wrong. When we sin we feel as if it is the end of the world. God however is also a god of mercy and wants to give us that forgiveness we seek. That is where Christ steps in. In order for there to be justice and mercy there must be a mediator that can perform both. The atonement of Christ is the only way we could receive the mercy from God but still execute justice

Also last thought on the atonement. Christ suffered everyone's pain and sin in one night. It is hard for us to imagine the severity of the pain he took upon himself. After he suffered in the garden he did not have to actually die in the manner he did. He had already suffered for the cause he came to the Earth for. If he wanted to die peacefully he could have (Of course he would have been resurrected still). He willingly suffered lashings, abuse, and dying on the cross so we could have just a glimpse of the knowledge of the suffering he went through.
This has really helped me appreciate the atonement so much more, and has helped me understand the power of forgiveness and getting over sin. It may be hard on us, but when we think what Christ went through on the cross, even more how he suffered in the garden, makes me realize I have it so good in life.
Sorry this email is a little short, but I hope everyone enjoys there week and can see the power of the atonement in their lives this week!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment