Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Leaving Vicenza on a High - Vicenza Week 30

Hey everyone, thanks for all the birthday wishes! Also little shout out to the cousins who go 1,2,3 on birthdays with me, Brandon, and Hayden!

Well, I am finally leaving Vicenza and going to my next city, Pesaro.  Pesaro is down south near Rimini along the eastern coast. Part of me was extremely sad, but I was mostly optimistic. The strangest part about my transfer though, is that my companion is none other than Elder Cameron, who was in Vicenza with me for 3 months in the other companionship. Needless to say, I am extremely excited for this upcoming transfer. I can't wait to get started on this next step of the mission.

Eddy was also baptized this weekend! He was just engulfed with the spirit the whole time. After he was baptized he just stood there silently. After a minute or two, we asked him how he was feeling and he replied saying he was just taking it all in and that this was the wisest decision he has made in his whole life! The following Sunday I had the privilege of conferring the Holy Ghost to him, and after he bore one of the most heartfelt testimonies I have heard. I was so grateful to have been in EVERY step he took towards baptism. From the first day he met us 6 months ago, to now, it is just a miracle in my eyes.


The rest of the week was spent saying goodbyes. There was a member family, the Browns, that took us out to lunch on my birthday because I happened to share a birthday with Brother Brown. After that I said my goodbyes to as many investigators as I could. It was a little bittersweet to have to say goodbye, but I know there I will see them again, whether it is in this life or the next. There are so many people here in Vicenza who have molded the person I am now, and I have so many people to thank.
(Sis. Brown made this carrot cake for their birthdays)

(a Hostess cupcake we sent him with candles)

A little spiritual thought I would like to share is about how we gain knowledge. When we are reading scriptures we need to think in this perspective. The Physical knowledge comes when we read, ponder, and study the scriptures. The Spiritual knowledge comes when we have the faith and belief to receive it. As we study, the desire has to be there. We only reap what we sow, and part of the sowing has to include the faith that we will reap something.

Anyways I hope everyone is able to learn something new this week and have the desire to continue in their growth as individuals, with the amount of information there is in this world, temporal, and spiritual, we don't have enough time to learn everything. We must take as much time as we can to learn to better ourselves. I know these things to be true with all my being!

Buon Settimana tutti!!


Anziano Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment