Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pesaro - Week 31

Hey everyone, all is well, the sun is out, and Pesaro is doing me well.

My companion, Elder C., is just awesome. I got down to Pesaro late Thursday night and it was as if I was coming to see an old friend, except this time it is to be as companions. Pesaro is a really beautiful city. Elder C. took me on a little tour of the city and he took me down to the port and beach. I will admit it made me miss home a little bit, but it is really nice down there. The city is small around 90,000 people but everyone is so nice.
The branch in Pesaro is very small, with the 4 missionaries there were a total of 12 people in church. The branch president is really awesome, though. He loves the missionaries, and we have a nice ward mission leader who loves to share the gospel.

We are teaching this older man named Maurizio. He truly has an interesting story. Many years ago he was addicted to drugs and wanted to take his life by cutting off both his hands and bleeding out. He cut his hands, but someone saved him and sewed them back on. Now he wants to change his life around. We have been helping him stop doing the bad things in life and act as a support for him. It is truly amazing to see how far he has come from what he was.

The English class we teach in Pesaro is also really awesome. Elder C. and I teach the advanced class and each individual is just so genuine and sincere. They truly appreciate our desire to help them.
It is been quite a week of getting adjusted to the area but I am so excited to get work down here in Pesaro.

I'd like to end with a little thought on the 3 steps to personal revelation. The first is to ask. Pray with diligence to receive the spirit. This enables you to be more open to the promptings from the Lord. Second is to seek. Read, ponder, study, and meditate on the scriptures. 3rd is to knock. Act on your feelings and be a doer. Always act positively with the true hope that you will receive answers. Through these steps I promise it will be easier to recognize when the Lord is giving us those feelings and guidance.

I know this gospel to be true and I hope everyone has a fantastic week

Anziano Chase


No comments:

Post a Comment