Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pesaro - Week 40

Hey everyone. I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day. Missionaries tend to like Mother’s Day, but I think even more our mothers find the greatest joy in the day. I can’t imagine why. It was great being able to talk to my family, and it is weird to realize that I have been on my mission for a whole lot longer than I’d realized.
First off, for PDay I had the opportunity to see the Harlem Globetrotters who were doing an Italian tour. It was great American culture for the Italians, but none of them understood a little of the comedy they used in regards to soccer. One of the players was kicking the ball and bumped into a defender and pretended to be in enormous amounts of pain. Once there was no call, he got right back up perfectly ok. My companion and I laughed, but no one else understood it.
We had an up moment and down moment with a family we have been working with. The mother, Assunta, shared with us the reason she has a hard time with dealing with faith, and right now is just really closed off to anything else until she resolves it. On the plus side, she wants to allow her daughter to follow her beliefs, and her daughter, Francesca, has been really following what we have been teaching her. She truly is interested in what we have been teaching.
We also met with our investigator, Darlington, and he expressed how it is not every day that someone comes in only wanting to help you grow as an individual. Usually there is some sort of prize in return, a type of deal made in service these days, but to truly know that we only wanted to see him happy was really special. It helped me realize how much service and genuine care can means to people. Once you take the desire of yourself out it makes your desire to help others really mean something.
I know as we look for ways to help others that we are instruments in their lives, no one person can grow without the help of another, whether it is a family member, or a friend. We need to always look for opportunities to be there for those in need. I know this gospel to be true!
Have a great week!

Anziano Chase




No comments:

Post a Comment