Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Come vediamo I nostri azioni - Week 42

Hey everyone,
So transfers calls are here again and Anziano Cameron will be going to Morbegno. It is hard to see him go but I have had a great time with him, and to think I've have had 3 months in a city with him and 3 months as his companion is even crazier. Time flies out here! My new companion will be Anziano Richardson from Arizona. He has only been on the mission for 4 months so I will be the senior companion. It is an interesting change for me because I will now be the one making more of the decisions and will be the taking the lead here in Pesaro. It will be strange not having a companion who can correct my Italian whenever I need help, so studying will be much more desired, knowing I will be helping my companion speak.

This week we spent a lot of the time saying goodbye to members, investigators, and working on some documents for the government. Darlington was sad to know Anziano Cameron was leaving but was happy to know that there was still going to be missionaries here to teach him. It helped us realize that people do want to hear from us, whether we think it or not. We might not ever know the way we touch people, but when we are doing the things God desires of us, He does the touching for us.

I have also been thinking a lot about how we take action and only judge the results that come from the action. We cut ourselves short when we only look at the results. If we lose a baseball game, we only look at the loss, not the 2 for 3 batting night we had and a diving catch. God is a rewarder of those who seek him, yes, but he does not always reward us when we want. We see it as a failure, but our actions should be the success. I love sharing a parable of how God asks a man to push a huge boulder. The man pushes it for hours, takes a break and sees that it hasn't moved. He tries again for a few weeks this time. Still it hasn't move. He tries again for another month, and nothing. God returns and the man says he has failed because he did not move the boulder. God replies by telling him, "I never asked you to move the boulder, but to push it. If I wanted to move the boulder I would move it myself. What you neglected to see is by pushing the boulder for those months, you have more muscle on your body". We can't sell ourselves short by thinking that if we don't get the solution we were expecting than we are failures. God never tells us to be perfect, just to always improve.

I really hope that everyone can see the good they have in themselves. God gives us so much, and we realize so little of what he gives us. I am truly grateful to be out here in Italy discovering the talents and gifts so many people have. I am grateful I can see myself grow, and I am grateful that God never leaves my side. Everyone have a great week!

Anziano Bryant Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment