Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pesaro - Week 42

Ciao tutti

I hope everyone had a great week like I did.

This week has been just busy busy busy. Thursday I went to Bologna to pick up my new companion Anziano Richardson. I got there around 8 in the morning and when he showed up at 1, our next train going back to Pesaro was delayed for 2 hours. We were standing around with some other missionaries and all of a sudden our train wasn't even on the list of departing. It had come 30 mins earlier than it was supposed to with the delay. So we ended up leaving another hour later after that. It wasn't too bad thought because it gave Anziano Richardson and I plenty of time to talk with old missionary friends.

Anziano Richardson is a pretty cool dude. He is from Arizona and has been in Italy for 4 months. He wants to join the army when he gets home, and is a proud gamer nerd. He is very social and loves to make everything fun. Needless to say, we are getting along really easy right now. I have bright hopes for this transfer.

This weekend in Pesaro there was a gelato festival down on the beach streets along Pesaro. Let's just say we have eaten more gelato than a normal person should in a weekend. While we were down there we met a nice man working one of the side shops. His name is Marcello and he is from Santiago, Chile. His father was a Mormon until the day he died, so he enjoyed talking to us. He is not overly convinced to make a change from his religion, but after I told him about Dad serving in Santiago, he was totally cool with us coming and talking with him.

We have made great progress with Darlington. We were talking with him, and one of our members, Daniel walked into the room. Daniel is friends with Darlington, but has never come to a lesson. We were talking about the Holy Ghost, and the blessing of baptism, and Daniel gave a powerful testimony about how the Holy Ghost really helped him know that his baptism was a true covenant and blessing that he went through. With that Darlington said he wanted that same feeling, and we are now prepping him for baptism in the next few months. We really hope he stays strong in this desire.

Yesterday was yet again another Italian holiday (I swear there is one almost every week). We got invited by our branch president to go on a hike. We took an investigator Moret with us, and hiked to an arch. It was a pretty view in the mountains, a different touch from the beach city we live in.

I was thinking a lot this week about after L. Tom Perry died, how much joy he had in his life. No matter what was going on in the world, his life, or elsewhere, he always had a smile on his face. He truly loved who he was, what he believed in, and he loved everyone he came into contact with. It made me really hope that I can have this same joy that he always had, and that comes from loving the savior and our Heavenly Father. The love we have for them will multiply the love we feel for everyone else. It makes the world a happier place.

I love being out here in Italy, I love meeting new people and sharing with them the joy I have found in my life. It is one of the greatest joys I have ever known! Everyone have a great week!

Anziano Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment