Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pesaro - Week 45

Hey everyone,

This week was a little uneventful, but in 2 years of
work, there has to be those weeks every now and then. Work is going
really well with Darlington. He came to church and we had a great
Sunday school lesson on the atonement. A bunch of our less actives
were there and Darlington was able to hear a lot of great testimonies
on the atonement. We were also able to visit Mariano and Anna, our
grandparents in Pesaro. They always love talking about the plan of
salvation, and how we always need to look at the family we want to
have in the after life, because time here on earth is so short. It is
really hard for me to not see them want to be baptized, but they are
such great people.

Also a funny experience, we met a lady, who wasn't exactly all
together in the brain, she invited us to talk to her, and she kept
calling us beautiful young men and kept kissing my companions hand.
At my guess she was probably 80+ years old and when we would talk to
her only half of it would register to her. After she would register it,
she would immediately go back to telling us we were beautiful. We
walked away feeling very strange, but boy is it a funny memory.

We had a lot of appointments fall through this week so it was pretty
hard to stay motivated, but we have some good potential stuff set up this
week and are hoping for the best. I have been studying a lot about
studying, and I found some real good quotes. Spencer W. Kimball said,
“I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and
when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is
speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the
scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns. I find
myself loving more intensely those whom I must love with all my heart
and mind and strength, and loving them more, I find it easier to abide
their counsel." As a missionary I feel the joy of teaching people more
when I, myself, am learning with them. The spirit is a powerful
teacher. We have to let it abide in us always to receive the blessings
from it.

Jeffrey R. Holland: “Hold fast to what you already know and stand
strong until additional knowledge comes.” When we are studying, we
need to recognize that we can't let go of the knowledge we gained from
our past studies. We need to regurgitate our previous knowledge and have a strong assurity in what we know, and then when that new knowledge comes, it will just reinforce everything else also.

I hope you all have a great week, enjoy the sun, invite missionaries
over, and take a dog for a walk!!

Anziano Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment