Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Firenze - Week 43


Hey everyone,

 I hope you all had another great week as summer just began. Congrats to all my pals out there who just finished high school. But even a bigger shoutout to my bro because it is his birthday today. And also my sister had a birthday last week, and I didn't forget it, but here is the week late shoutout to for everyone to see.

This week was full of adventure. So I have a great friend in Vicenza that came down to San Marino on Saturday. He needed some translation help from me so my companion and I went up there to give him some help. Once again San Marino was awesome, and I got to see an old friend. Oh, also as a present for helping him we once again have some special stuff, that you all can see in the video link I'm sending. (This was so fun to film)

View from San Marino

A much anticipated purchase made in San Marino
On Sunday we went to Firenze, more commonly known in English as Florence.
We had our stake conference there so we got to take a little trip out west. Conference was really great and Elder De Fayo of the 70 gave a great talk about how we need to always look at the little missionary moments we can have every day. It doesn't take going to everyone you see and asking them to learn about the gospel, but by living the gospel we can make missionary moments happen without even trying. Service, love, and charity lead all missionary work. After the conference we were able to take a quick tour of the center of Firenze. I wish I would have had more time to look around the city, and buy stuff, but hopefully I will be able to make a trip back within the next year.


Darlington has been doing well. He has been working on some documents and what not, so we had to push back his appointment to tomorrow. Hopefully we keep him moving forward. It has been hard to find solid investigators lately, but we are pushing harder to open up some new options here in Pesaro.

When teaching our investigator Maurizio, we showed him a video called "mountains to climb". I really love this video. It talks about how people face trials that effect their lives in ways they never wanted. They thought they had perfect lives before and now think all is lost because of their trial. But then it talks about how we come to Christ and that no trial is impossible when we turn to the Savior. This was vital for him because of the many trials he has had to face, but then when I was thinking about it, it wasn't just for him to see, but myself, my companion, and everyone. It affects us all. Trials suck, I wish they weren't here, but without trials, there would be no success, no knowledge of accomplishment and joy. Even then, they Savior still makes the trial so much easier. He has given us the best help in himself. He suffered for our sins, to make them bearable.

I hope we all can look at the problems we are going through and see the savior pushing us forward. If we can't, it is because we aren't seeking his help. All we have to do is ask, and live as he as asked of us. I know this gospel, is more than just a gospel. It is a foundation of living. We can all better ourselves, by living the gospel of Christ. Have a great week everyone!!!

Anziano Chase 

No comments:

Post a Comment