Wednesday, September 10, 2014

MTC - Week 5

Hey everyone! I got my travel plans for Italy...... I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS FOR ITALY!!! I leave on the 16th (Tuesday). I fly to Chicago, then London, then Milan. Boy is that going to be a long day. I am super excited though. I may not be fluent in Italian, but I am so ready to go. I might be able to email the day before I leave, but if not the next time I email it will be from the other side of the world!!!
This week was a roller coaster. I taught several discussions, and one time I got to skype a lady in Toscana, Italy. Her name was Adina, and she was a member, but it was pretty dang cool being able to talk with a real Italian. I also worked on my scheduling with personal and companion study to help my companionship grow. I started specifically planning out each hour of study and what I wanted to get accomplished, and it has made all the difference.
One of my companions had trouble this week not knowing why he came, so I had made it my goal to help him. It was hard this week with him because he is a very snappy person, and likes to always be the one calling the shots. I have been working on humility wondering if I wasn't doing enough to help him. My teacher Sorella Nilson noticed and talked to me about it. She challenged me to do something she was asked to do on her mission which was to study to word "meek". She told me that sometimes it is hard to feel like you're doing enough when your companion is struggling and causing trouble, but there is always a reason behind it. She had me read a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 90:24.

But overall the week slowly got better. I am really excited to get to Italy, I have no idea where my first area is going to be but I can’t wait to get started!
I know this gospel is true and I am going to quote something that was said at the Tuesday night Devotional by Joseph W Stiate of the 70. "The gospel is the best gift you have ever received and is the best gift you can ever offer.
I’ll send pictures later!!
Arreverdice

Anziano Chase


One of his favorite Elders who left for Germany

1 comment: