Wednesday, February 24, 2016

La vita missionario - Week 79

This week has been long, and short at the same time. We were full with our days, but lots of travel was included. This week I have only spent two days in my serving city Gorizia.

Friday we spent in Mestre for a zone conference. We focused on the importance of intense studying, and speaking our language more. Sometimes when we start our studies, especially our language studies, we zone out. We don't make it effective. If we don't put the effort into our studies, we are just wasting time. We won't get the results as often as we want, and we will not want to study. When we study, practice, and evaluate during our studies, we can hash out the mistakes more frequently.

Conferenza della zona

Saturday we helped a family in our branch move 2 tons of wood from their yard to their storage unit. My arms still feel a little sore. After we went to the Saturday evening session of stake conference in
Mestre. We met Elder Adler of the seventy. He was talking to us, and we didn't even realize who he was until after he walked to the podium to speak. He said some very profound things though. He used a driving analogy for the gospel. There can be noise to our left, and noise to our right, but we can still drive the car. In the world there will be plenty of "noise" or distractions all around us, but we can always choose to "drive", or focus on the savior as Elder Adler put it.

Sunday we went back to Mestre again for the Sunday session of stake conference. It was really nice because I got to see all the members of the Vicenza branch and military ward.

Monday I went to Udine to do an exchange with one of the missionaries in the district. To be honest it was one of the most unique days I've had in my mission. We had no appointments the whole day so we were on the streets looking for people to talk to. We ended up running with one guy to teach him, we met some guy in a local park, after it got pitch black, and then we say a lady on the first floor (which is the 2nd for America) looking out the window, and said hi to her, and started teaching her from the street. We had decided that whatever opportunities came our way, we would make the most of it, and that we did.



So for an update on the people we got to see this week. P. is doing well. He's still reading the Book of Mormon, he just has problems being free on Sunday. G. is doing well. He struggles with the idea of life after death, but is willing to pray about it. M. is doing well, we focused on the importance of having spiritual conversion daily.

On Tuesday we had this awesome opportunity to give two elementary school classes a tour of the church. We had about 40 ten year olds show up to the church in the morning with parents and teachers. We gave a presentation of how he church was established, watched a church video presentation, gave them a tour of the building, and answered questions they had. These kids were soo smart. I was honestly shocked at how intelligent their questions were. At the end we were able to give each one of them a Book of Mormon and some information about the church. We hope we can see some of them again.

Handing out 40 copies

Just one thing I want to leave on was a question that one of the kids asked me. He asked how we feel when we start to talk about God and Jesus Christ. That question kind of struck me. I realized that
sometimes I forget how how I feel when I talk about them. As a missionary I talk about them everyday, and as this kid asked me this question I recognized the feeling that I get when I talk about them. I feel a strange calmness and peace that always soothes me. Then I realized sometimes in order to feel the spirit, we need to have the desire to receive a feeling. We need to try and feel something. And when we do feel it, we need to write that feeling down. We need to recognize the feelings we get when we receive them. It helps us when we start forgetting the conversion we had in the first place.

I know that Heavenly Father gives us spiritual witnesses and that we can have them over and over again, if we let it get inside of us. I know he loves us!

Una bella domanda

No comments:

Post a Comment