Wednesday, March 30, 2016

È Risorto!! - Week 84

I hope you all had a good week, and more importantly an amazing Easter! It's weird to see all the holidays just fly by out here. This week went by well.

P. is doing great. We finished teaching him all the lessons he needs to know and now should be ready for his baptism in a couple of weeks. I've have noticed that he gets even more excited for the lessons, than even we do. Being 19 years old he truly has taken this message and made it a part of himself.

P. with myself and Anziano B.

Easter was pretty good. We only had one hour of church, and I was asked to give a talk. My subject was on the atonement, and my mom was so kind to send me some material for my talk, even though she no idea I was giving a talk. After the meeting, we went to the branch president's home and had some ljubljasnka and a lot of chocolate eggs. It was a nice simple Easter to remember Christ. Christmas is important because we remember that Christ came into the world. I like Easter a little bit more because we remember what Christ did while he was on the earth.

We saw Z. after a little while. He had been busy, and we focused on the simplicity of church songs. Z. was a choir director, so we did a lot of singing. Well, I played the piano, and my companion and him sang.

G. is doing well, he said something neat and simple the other day. He said that no matter how hard the world gets, missionaries like us, and members never seem to look like they've lost hope. That made me think about how much the gospel gives us hope to continue forward. We know that the lord is blessing us, and even when things get tough, we are getting stronger through the trials.

P. is doing well. E. just had a little loss at love, but no he wants to do more with us, especially out of work. We usually pass by them while they are working in their store, but it will be a great opportunity to be able to do more with him outside of the work atmosphere.

This week has gone by and as general conference arrives this weekend, I have been trying to spiritually prepare myself with questions. General conference is a time where we can get the most current revelation and guidance in the world. Even though they speak to everyone, I believe we are each individual spoken to. When we have spiritual questions, and open hearts I truly believe we will be inspired and guided. As I hope most of us will watch conference, I know I will be touched personally by the messages brought. I know God guides our prophet to lead and guide us, and that this is his church on the earth today!

No comments:

Post a Comment